Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lost in Translation?

I came across this bench ad today for Winnipeg real estate agent Kevin Zhu.  I don't think the English translation contains the same greatness that I have to assume is in the original language slogan.
"Professional is as good as half over."

Have I just not had enough coffee today?

I'm going to guess that it means using a professional real estate agent means my search for a house is half over.  But if I actually have to GUESS at the meaning of your slogan, you should probably go back to the drawing board.

For reference, here's the entire bench ad.
Currently playing: The Heavy - What Makes A Good Man?
Currently colouring: Spacepig Hamadeus versus the Spectre General
Proudly in my seventh Cola free year!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm hoping the original characters actually say something that has nothing at all to do with real estate, something like "call me for a free Mogwai"